"Regardless of level,
working with a coach
is an excellent way for
Managers to increase
Coaching for Development and Performance
Managers can experience immense value in working with a coach, this often the result of the more objective nature of the working relationship. There are several good reasons to partner with a Coach, some of the ways a Coach can assist include:
* Acting as a valuable sounding board. A coach is able to act as a sounding board on new ideas, plans and strategies - further, a good coach is able to assist in the generation of ideas, plans and strategies.
* Becoming a development partner. Partnering with a Coach allows a manager become deliberate about their own development.
* Providing individual skills training. Coaching can pinpoint specific areas for development with a Manager.
* Helping you to stay ahead of the curve. Coaching is a deliberate way manager’s can work on their business, or teams, rather than get caught up in day to day business.
* Troubleshooting on team issues. The right coach can help you understand how dysfunctional team relationships may be impacting performance, and with you find a way forward.
* Achieving Work and Life balance goals. A coach can assist in the achievement of important work life balance goal and objectives.
Coaching for Leadership Development
Leader or Manager? In reality, if you lead a team within today’s organisations the two are not mutually exclusive and there must be a preparedness to accept the responsibilities that come with both. At the Carer Place, in coaching Managers we place emphasis on the Leader Manager concept emphasizing the development of skills that reflect good management, and the building of influencing skills that enable effective leadership.
How to best utilise leadership coaching.
Using a Coaching approach for development is most effective, in one on one, or small group settings.
We can move your new or recently appointed managers through a suite of skill development areas, in either individual or group settings through a more structured Leader Manager program approach. This approach to development can prove an ideal induction for new managers or an excellent development mechanism for managers who may have moved into new roles off a largely technical experience base. Coaching is an excellent
One on one coaching is an excellent complement to staff that may be moving through already established leadership or talent programs within your organisations. The nature of the coaching relationship allows for genuine discussion around the issues or challenges a manger may be encountering as they seek to apply what they are learning or develop their capability to utilise different leadership styles.
Selecting a Coach
Being clear about your own objectives for engaging a coach is clearly important - often the initial session can help you articulate or discern these with valubale clarity. Additionally we would encourage you that the following are also important factors.
1. Working with an experienced coach and trained coach.
2. Being committed, and ready for coaching.
3. Working with a coach with whom you have good rapport.
At the Career Place we are energised by the challenge of building people and business, and we would love to work with you in the development of your people, to make an enquiry contact us on the link below.